A professional and personal priority
Companies and employees are caught up in the frenetic rhythm of technological innovations, management processes, profitability requirements and the pressing need to create economic value. Their environment changes all the time and calls for perpetual upgrading of skills. Continuing training provides a beneficial break to acquire more perspective and to learn new disciplines away from the pressure of the daily workload.
The purpose of continuing training is to pass on the fruit of professional experience and to exchange views and knowledge with other professional sectors. It favours conceptualising thanks to the contributions of teaching researchers and gives perspective:
- Updating one’s know-how
- Harnessing one’s know-how
- Adopting new methodologies
- Formalising one’s work experience
- Developing a strategic outlook
Continuing training also enables the accreditation of acquired skills and provides support and motivation for career progress, in a process designed to deepen and reactivate one’s knowledge and expertise.
The request may come from:
- the individual: in the framework of the individual right to training, a FONGECIF training leave of absence, the accreditation of acquired skills
- the employer: in the form of a collective customised training plan, or personalized support for changing one’s post
- an organisation providing assistance for professional integration: in the framework of a reconversion or outsourcing programme
An abundant offer
Continuing training may be full-time or part-time depending on whether you need to take a break from work or reconcile professional activity and training. Through its colleges, ParisTech provides high-quality courses in the engineering and management sciences. The range of programmes is wide: specific or customised courses, short or long ones, leading to diplomas or certificates, in French or English, inter-company courses, or the accreditation of acquired skills. Many possibilities are on offer for people wishing to develop their skills and widen their professional horizons.
See the continuing training opportunities in the ParisTech colleges